Aiven – Growing Tech, Go to Market and G&A teams across Europe
Aiven is a technology-driven company that enables businesses to manage an open-source data infrastructure in the cloud. Headquartered in Helsinki with offices in Berlin, Sydney, Toronto, and Boston, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, like PostgreSQL, Kafka, and M3, on all major clouds.
After raising significant investment, they were looking to grow all of their teams across the business to allow the company to quickly and effectively penetrate new international markets. Aiven are currently working with 2 Venture Up Consultants; one helping to grow their technology teams in Europe, and the other growing the GTM teams across EMEA.
Length of engagement
Size of company
251 – 500 Staff
Number of hires
Money saved vs agency
Countried sourced from
Within 1 week of being instructed, we had 2 RPO Consultants start on the project. We worked with Aiven to establish the hiring requirements across two business areas, establish the cultural and technical fit for the different teams and collaborate with hiring managers on identifying the employer value proposition.
During our project with Aiven, we have:
- Directly sourced candidates from across Europe, and worked with Aiven to establish tools that allow candidates to be legally and compliantly hired on a remote basis
- Placed candidates from mid-level through to Senior and Leadership positions
- Worked on a number of internal projects that have improved candidate experience, interview assessments and identified new talent pool locations
- Owned the full end-end recruitment process, from sourcing candidates, conducting initial interviews and suitability assessments, managing the interview process and delivering feedback and offers.
Venture Up delivered over 14 critical hires across the two departments, built strong relationships with various Hiring Managers across the business, and contributed to a number of better practice projects that have driven improvements within the teams.
Due to the success of our Delivery, we had our contract extended for both Consultants on the project.
We supported with:
- An overhaul of the Tech hiring process based on candidate feedback and industry knowledge – this significantly decreased the candidate dropout rate
- Onboarding new and returning hires to the Talent Attraction team
- Increasing the number of internal referrals from talent within the business, driving a wave of high-quality talent in the Recruitment pipeline
- OKRs for units within the TA team, as well as the TA department overall; this identified new initiatives around platform reviews, sourcing strategies and best practice
Work with us
We’ve worked with dozens of clients on a range of requirements, delivering bespoke hiring solutions across agency (permanent and contract), retained and RPO. Get in touch with us to discuss your needs, and how we can mould our services to meet your hiring objectives